The 34 English Hubs were selected for their expertise in teaching reading and to support schools in their surrounding area. Hubs will promote a love of reading and help schools provide excellent teaching in phonics and early language. They will focus on supporting the slowest progress children in Reception and Year 1 and ensure every child is successful, regardless of background, needs or abilities.
English Hubs, what are they?
English Hubs offer support to local schools, academies, and free schools to improve the teaching of phonics, early language and reading for pleasure in Reception and Year 1.
Each English Hub has a Hub lead and Literacy Specialists and may offer:
- Showcase events in teaching phonics, early language and reading for pleasure
- Support to develop an action plan
- A reading audit in eligible schools
- Funding to purchase a DfE validated Systematic Synthetic Phonics programme and the training and resources required to implement it successfully
- Up to 12 days in-school support from a Literacy Specialist
If you are visiting this page on behalf of a school, for individual advice and further information, please contact your local English Hub.
If you are a member of the public who wishes to know how your children’s school could become involved with the English Hubs programme, please ask your school’s leadership to refer themselves to this web page.
Find your Hub
Click on the interactive map below to learn more about each English Hub. By clicking on the marker, you will be able to see the name of each Hub and their website.
Click on the ‘Find your English Hub’ button and type your school’s postcode.